Tuesday, November 3, 2009

In My Right Mind

Tuesday, November 3, 2009
I am a lefty - the only one in my whole family. I have always been proud of it. For some reason I guess you could say it makes me feel "special" (not that kind of special, Barb!). I once had a customer tell me that I must have some kind of gift. She said that God gives all left-handed people some kind of extra special talent. I'm still working on figuring out what my gift is exactly.

I did a little research on differences between left handed and right handed people. Some of the info on lefties is pretty interesting. First of all, we are known to be great leaders. Did you know that 66% of the presidents over the past 30 years have been south paws? That's pretty cool considering that lefties only account for about 10% of the population! Studies also say that we tend to be more independent, adaptable, and artistic. It also is said that left-handers are quicker thinkers and are more intelligent. For the most part, everything just says that me and my fellow lefties tend to be pretty amazing!!

I looked like crazy for info on the "normal" people, but there just isn't much out there. That's ok, though! The whole world was made for you people!! Scissors, tools, the computer mouse, instrument, guns ... the list could go on and on. Ok fine, maybe I did find a few nice things. It is said that the "normals" are more analytical, decisive, logical, and detail oriented. Right handed people have a longer life span too. That's crap!! It's probably because us lefties get injured having to use all the things made for righties!!!

Are you a lefty or righty? Do you think our traits are determined by which hand we use?
SIS Brandy

8 comments:

Barb said...

Brandy,

What? I didn't say anything!


Very interesting facts about lefties. But I bet someone left handed compiled that info.

I'm a rightie, of course, although I have the best traits from both sides of that research!

SIS Barb

Beth Ciotta said...

Left-handed Authors:
Peter Benchley
Lewis Carroll
H.G. Wells

Left-handed Musicians
Phil Collins
Jimi Hendrix
Paul McCartney

Left-handed Artists
Michelangelo
Raphael
Leonardo da Vinci

Those are just a few and there were abut a bajillion actors and sports figures listed here:

http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/left.html#Authors

I'd say you're in GREAT company, Lefty!

SIS

SIS Brandy said...

They also say that lefties also have a higher rate of homosexuality. Just another little useless fact!

I am not sure if I totally fit the lefty mold. I think I have a lot of the traits that were listed for righties. I am more analytical than I am artistic. You righty sisters are pretty darn artistic.

BJ said...

Brandy, I have always heard that lefties are very smart. You definitly fit that mold.

SIS BJ

Tori Lennox said...

I'm mostly left-handed. I write left-handed and I eat left-handed. And I do other things left-handed, too. But I use right-handed scissors (maybe I forced myself to learn that) and I throw right-handed.

Olga said...

I'm a rightie. Interesting research about lefties, though, and I did heard from somewhere that lefties are more artistic...

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Brandy,

I've heard those wonderful facts before. My husband is a lefty. He's like Tori pretty much. He eats left-handed, he writes left- handed. There are a lot of things he can do with both hands. He can hammer with both, very well. I'm lucky to drive a nail in with my good hand.

SIS Bren

Taylor said...

Brandy,

Lefties unite!! I always remembered from reading a long time ago that lefties are more intelligent and I never forgot it!! Thanks for the fun facts, I think I apply to all of them!

Post a Comment