Thursday, November 12, 2009

MISSING

Thursday, November 12, 2009
I'm used to losing my keys and sun glasses,but lately odd things have come up missing.

First it was all of my spoons. One by one they went away. I don't know where they could have gone. Where ever it is, my steak knives followed. Now I am waiting to see if my forks decide to run away also. Maybe there is a land where all the silverware go when they don't like you anymore. I could just see them laying around in the sun someplace beautiful instead of being at my house doing what they were made to do. Maybe someday they will come back to me. I'm not holding my breath. I fear they are gone for good.

Now my Birth Certificate is missing. It should be with the others. I guess it didn't like me either. It must want people to think I wasn't born. That's not fair. I need my Birth Certificate. Now I have to apply for another one and that's a pain in the butt. I wish it would come back to me. I promise I will be nice if it does. I'm not holding my breath. I fear it's gone for good.

Someday, when I no longer need these things,they will come back from their mystical lands. They will tell me they are sorry for running away. I'm not sure if I will forgive them. Probably I will.

Have you had anything odd come up missing? If so, where do you think they went?

If your see my things,please ask them to come home.
SIS BJ aka Aleena Ravenwood

12 comments:

Elle J Rossi said...

BJ,

I've lost my mind on occasion. Does that count? Actually I'm the go-to person. I almost always know where everything is in the house and at work. Even within all the clutter, I can find it!

Happy Thursday!
SIS Barb

Beth Ciotta said...

Socks. Where are all my socks? I have probably 25 socks and none of them match! Every time I buy a new pair, the first or second time I wash them, one disappears! Where do they go??

Before I got my perscription sunglasses, I used to lose sunglasses all the time. I think because these were so expensive, something in my brain forces me to be more mindful of where I put them.

As to your spoons... isn't there a nursery ryhme where the dish runs away with the spoon? Are you missing dishes, too? ;)

SIS Beth

SIS BJ said...

Hi Barb,
I lose my mind every morning while trying to get the girls ready for school. Happy Thursday to you.

SIS BJ said...

Beth,

The only time my socks go missing is when my husband does the laundry.

My dishes aren't missing yet. I'm sure they will soon.

Tori Lennox said...

Some of my handwritten notes on a story idea I had a few years ago went missing. I distinctly remember packing them when we moved. But even after unpacking all my boxes, I have no clue where they are. I don't recall losing anything else so the box I put them in must have gotten here. Just not with my notes. *grumble*

Mary Stella said...

Sounds like you all could use the prayer to St. Anthony -- the patron saint of finding lost things!

SIS Brandy said...

I also lose my mind sometimes, but I usually find it pretty quickly.

I have lost many spoons and forks over the years. I'm pretty sure they are in the trash dump somewhere. Just last night, I opened the trash can to find a spoon laying on top. The littlest had thrown it away with her paper plate.

And Beth, I know where your socks are. Washing machines really do eat them!!

Sisters-in-Sync said...

B.J.,

I am like Barb, the go-to person. Noone in this house can ever find anything. I can almost always find anything...even when people lose a back to their earring, I can usually find it.

Should I come look for your spoons?

SIS Bren

SIS BJ said...

Tori, Sorry you lost your notes. I hate it when you know you put something somewhere and it comes up mising.

SIS BJ said...

Mary Stella, I might have to take your advise on that.

SIS BJ said...

Brandy, I'm sure that is my knives and spoons have gone,but nobody is fessing up to it.

SIS BJ said...

Bren, I would be thrilled if you could come over and find my spoons.

Post a Comment