Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Butterflies

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

There are many feelings that can cause butterflies to creep up in my belly. There's the flip-flopping nervous kind, the burning scared kind, and the tickling anxious ones too. The ones I absolutley crave are the fluttering lovey ones.

I have been very blessed with lots of that kind of butterflies over the last few years. It amazes me everytime that feeling goes through me. How is it that someone can have such an effect on another person?

It's the littlest things that cause those butterflies to take flight. It could be a wink from across the room. Or an "I love you" whispered in my ear. Just reading a text from him sometimes does the trick too.

I get that fluttering feeling the most when he kisses my hand. I know it may seem like a very small gesture. To me, it speaks volumes.

Sorry! I'm done with the mushy crap!!

What gives you butterflies?
SIS Brandy

10 comments:

SIS BJ said...

Hi Brandy,

That's not mushy, that's sweet.

As for me; My girls always give me butterflies. Both good and bad.

SIS Brandy said...

Yeah, I have definately been given plenty of butterflies from my girls too. There are good ones every day! The bad ones happen more with the middle one. She is so crazy and accident prone!! She makes me nervous

Mary Stella said...

Awwww. Not mushy at all. Loved this post.

SIS BJ said...

Talk about accident prone, I forgot to tell that Monstr broke her little toe at your house. Don't worry she's OK and running around just fine now. She was happy that she got to skip gym class on Wed. She hates push-ups and wall sits.

SIS Brandy said...

BJ,

How did she do that? I don't even remember her complaining!!

SIS BJ said...

Running upstairs, she hit it on the wall. I heard her crying but she wouldn't let me look at until we got home.

Elle J Rossi said...

Yep! Pure mush. But that's to be expected. LOL

Butterflies? When my kids sing. When I write a good scene. When I get to be around my family. Drinking mimosas with Brandy. I know, it's weird but I look forward to those mornings. Discussing fantasy with BJ. Seeing the mountains with Beth. Laughing til I cry with Bren. Butterflies don't happen as often as I'd like but I treasure them when they do a fly-by.

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

Beth Ciotta said...

It must be love!

When a sweet post, Brandy. The good kind of butterflies are always a welcome feeling. The ones that catch you by surprise are the very best!

Bad sort: When I'm getting ready to speak at a writer's workshop.

Good sort: When Steve looks at me a certain way or leaves me a surprise note.

Just to name two.

SIS Beth

Brandy said...

Ofcourse you'd tell me it's mush, Barb :) I love our mimosa mornings too!

Beth, suprise notes are great, huh?!?!

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Brandy,

Not mushy, but really really special...

Butterflies for me are every time I sing in front of a new audience...I hate those.

I get butterflies lots from the boys! They are amazing. The boys, I mean, well and the butterflies too!

SIS Bren

Post a Comment