Monday, November 16, 2009

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Monday, November 16, 2009



First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes yesterday. It was a great day spent with a lot of family.

Brenda and I recently challenged each other to turn in 10 chapters of our current WIP by Thanksgiving. Or was it the end of November? I'll need to clarify that. Anyway, I'm not nearly as far along as I need or would like to be but I am making headway. Today I must bust out at least 1 chapter and that's not easy for me. But it's my day off and between getting the kids ready for school and cleaning the house because a bug/mouse inspector/killer is coming tomorrow to take a look around and see how the mice are getting in. We can't see them but we can hear them in the walls and it's driving me crazy!

Where was I? Ah, yes. The challenge. I know this is just a friendly competition between 2 sisters who happen to be writers but nonetheless I feel the deadline looming and I want to prove to Bren as well as myself that I can do this. I think this is a good story, I just need to get it on paper, so to speak.

Today I'll either be working on a fight scene or a training for a fight scene. Both will be difficult for me. I need to get the moves down and put them into words so the readers can visualize. I need them to feel the tension. A writing friend told me that it's almost as if you need a professional choreographer. This is so true. But today I will be the choreographer so cross your fingers that I can make this happen in a fantastical but believable way.

How about you? What deadlines are looming in your world?

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

8 comments:

Beth Ciotta said...

As of today, I missed an important deadline. Not a good feeling. The saving grace is that I know I honestly worked as hard as I could to make it.

A separate deadline for a magazine article looms--due Friday.

As to your deadline Barb/Elle... you can do it!!! Remember... drek counts. :)

SIS Beth

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Hi Beth,

You're right. It's not a good feeling at all. As for drek? I think that's all I have in me today!

SIS Barb

SIS BJ said...

Hi Barb, No deadlines for me. But, good luck to everyone else.

Tori Lennox said...

No deadlines for me either though I should probably set some for myself.

Sisters-in-Sync said...

BJ,

Want me to set some deadlines for you? I didn't even come close to mine today.

SIS Barb

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Tori,

I tried making deadlines for myself and it never worked. Bleh!

SIS Barb

Beth Ciotta said...

Yes, but how close did you get? I bet you got close. I know how hard you've been working. PLUS remember, research, outlining, reading for inspiration... that all counts as producutive work toward your goal.

SIS Beth (who is presnetly on-line to research tribal shaman)

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Beth,

You're right. I did get close but I always work better/harder when I know someone else is counting on me or expecting something from me. I think that's pretty normal. There are those that are very self-disciplined though and don't need anyone to enforce deadlines. What's wrong with those people anyway? Ha!

SIS Barb

Post a Comment