Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall in the Midwest

Monday, October 19, 2009
Today is a very special day! Everyone please join me in wishing SIS Brenda a
very happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Brenda! You are truly amazing and I/we hope you have an amazing day.

Today I've decided to share some pictures. Brenda lives in Florida and loves it there, but she's mentioned several times that she misses the fall season. So, in honor of her birthday, I whipped on my down filled winter coat, jumped in the car and set off to capture some images of Fall in the Midwest. Brenda, I hope you enjoy them!




A few miles from my home is an AMAZING horse farm. I think they've scaled back in recent years but I love to drive by and look at their property. It's completely fenced in with black fencing. Very striking. Today was pretty cold and I didn't see any of their stunning horses but it was still worth the drive.




Below is a picture that Brenda and all of us are very familiar with. It symbolizes the end of the farming season. Now that I'm thinking about it we should all ask Brenda to share some of her "tractor" stories with us!




Even though I'm not a fan, okay I abhor cold weather, I still enjoy the changing of the leaves. The transition takes place over a few weeks and that's what I enjoy. (from the inside of my truck with the heat cranked!) But when the trees are bare and I'll be sure to share some of those pictures in the VERY NEAR FUTURE, it's not pretty. It's desolate and depressing except when those same trees are covered with 12 inches of snow. What a beautiful sight. (from the inside of my house with the heat cranked and a mug of steaming coffee in my hand!!!)






I love the variations in the colors. Yellow, orange, many shades of green...



And my absolute favorite...all the shades of red.



This color especially stands out when the sky is blue and the sun is shining bright. Poor tree, it doesn't get to show off too much in this state. Please take notice of the cloudy skies. We get that most days of the week here. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little. Maybe.



So, Brenda and everyone who stopped by today, I hope you enjoyed the photos and my extremely positive attitude of the cold seasons. I know I'm an inspiration to all!

Happy Birthday Brenda
Love ya!

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

15 comments:

BJ said...

Happy Birthday Brenda!!!!!

Beth Ciotta said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA!!!!! Hope it's a great one! I love you!

More later on Barb's awesome photos!

SIS Beth

Brandy said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love you!

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Barb,

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and the beautiful pictures. Red is my FAVORITE color (on most things anyway)! Your pictures are great and again thanks so much for the wishes!

Love you,
SIS Bren

Sisters-in-Sync said...

BJ,

Thank you very much! I absolutely LOVE the greeting card you sent to my e-mail. It was TOO cute.

Love you,
SIS Bren

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Beth,

Hello my fellow Libra sister. Thanks for the wishes!

Love you,
SIS Bren

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Brandy,

Thank you thank you! I'm looking forward to your post tomorrow. Nervous? I'm sure you're not.

Love you,
SIS Bren

Tori Lennox said...

Happy birthday, Brenda!!!

Gorgeous pictures, Barb!!!

Sisters-in-Sync said...

THANKS Tori!

SIS Bren

Mary Stella said...

Happy Birthday, Brenda! Enjoy the "cold spell" in Florida.

Barb, you abhor the cold and yet live where you do? Is it love, insanity, toughness or all of the above? *g*

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Hi Mary Stella,

Thanks for the wishes. I am absolutely loving this weather! It's a beautiful day today! Hope you are enjoying as well.

SIS Bren

Beth CIotta said...

Barb,

I wanted to add that those pictures are beautiful. The one with the red trees is STUNNING! You should enter that in a contest somewhere.

SIS Beth

Elle J Rossi said...

Hi everyone! I'm so glad y'all stopped by to wish Bren birthday greetings. I appreciate the comments about my photos. I enjoyed taking them!

Beth, not sure that they're contest worthy but I'm glad you liked it!

Mary,
Why do I live here????? I ask myself this question every day. I'm working on my husband though. Apparently he's the insane one!!!!

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

Richard said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRENDA!! Sucks to not have work --- EXCEPT on days like today in Florida!!!!! Spent more time outside today than I have in WEEKS! Hope you had a great day!

Elle J Rossi said...

Happy Birthday to you. You live in a zoo. You look like a red-headed monkey and you smell like one too!


I couldn't resist!

SIS Barb

Post a Comment