Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cafe Chaos -- Books

Thursday, October 15, 2009
Welcome to Café Chaos. Grab a cup of coffee or tea (we prefer coffee) and join us for a chat. Every Thursday we’ll offer recommendations for book lovers. Feel free to comment on our picks or to throw in a few of your own. We’re listening!


SIS Barb says...
I think I've mentioned that the first hour of my mornings are spent catching up on emails and visiting my preferred blogs. Recently I stopped by one that posted an author interview. I'd never heard of the author but something about the book cover made me read more. When I was finished I immediately hopped over to amazon.com and purchased the first 2 books in this series. They arrived yesterday and I'm eager to get started. So my recommendation is at the top of my TBR pile. I think I'll start tonight.

My Picks: Tempt Me With Darkness and Seduce Me In Shadow both are Doomsday Brethren Novels
Spells, wizards, King Arthur's warriors, witches, ex-marines, tabloid reporters, passion, intrigue and magic. I mean, come on! What more could I possibly ask for. See why I'm so excited?

Author: Shayla Black

SIS Bren says...

I haven't had much time for reading lately which makes me very sad. I love getting caught up in a good book. But I have been neglecting making my book recommendations lately, so I thought I should look at my collection of books and see what jumped out at me. I was happy to see that a series of three books was calling to me.

My Pick of the Week: Jinxed, Charmed, and Seduced

It's been a few years since I read these mad cap books, but I remember how very much I enjoyed them. I'm sure most of our readers here have read these books already, but just in case you haven't, I thought I'd mention them. Jump into the adventures of Afia (Jinxed), Lulu (Charmed) and Sofia (Seduced) and the handsome men in their lives. You won't be disappointed!

Author: SIS Extraordinaire Beth Ciotta

SIS Beth says...
I was in a bit of a reading slump for over a week. Started and stopped four different fiction books. Nothing grabbed me. I’d been jonesing for an awesome paranormal or historical romance. On a whim I picked up a straight ahead contemporary romance, published by the same house I write for: HQN. Boy was I in for a treat!

My Pick of the Week: Accidentally Yours
A book that hooks me with the first two pages is the book for me. I loved the heroine. Her wit, her courage, her faith and vulnerability. And the hero was S-E-X-Y, even when he was a bastard. Of course, he had good reasons for being a bitter hard case and, of course, being a romance novel, he did rise above. But not without some obstacles along the way.

This story also features a kid with a fictional deadly disease. He was every bit as spunky as his mom. Accidentally Yours works on so many levels. Funny, heart wrenching, and extremely romantic, I devoured this delightful tale in two sittings. The pacing was fast and the dialogue kick-butt. I highly recommend this touching and entertaining read!

Author: Susan Mallery

4 comments:

B.J. said...

Good morning SISters.
Barb, King Arthurs warriors, you have to send me those books when your done with them.

Brenda, Great pick. I love those books.

Beth, Sounds like a great book. I will have to check it out.

Beth Ciotta said...

Barb, I'm with BJ. I think those books sound totally intriguing. Looking forward to your thoughts!

Brenda... Aww. *sniffle* Thank you for the rec!!!

SIS Beth

Elle J Rossi said...

BJ,

Absolutely. I'll try to hurry and then they're yours!

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

Elle J Rossi said...

Beth,

I'm excited to read them. I'll share my thoughts as soon as I can.

Re: your pick. I've heard wonderful things about Susan Mallery. Looks like I'll be adding another book to my increasing pile.

SIS Barb

Post a Comment