Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cafe Chaos--Movies and TV

Saturday, October 17, 2009
Welcome to Café Chaos. Grab a cup of coffee or tea (we prefer coffee) and join us for a chat. Every Saturday we’ll offer recommendations for movie and TV lovers. Feel free to comment on our picks or to throw in a few of your own. We’re listening!

SIS Barb says...
Wow! What a great recommendation from Brenda. I love that movie and now I need to find it. My pick also consists of music, music, music. One of my all time favorites. In fact, you can see it in the SIS scroll about 1/2 way down the page.

My Pick of the Week: That Thing You Do
Love the story line. Love the characters. Love the music. One would think that if you had to listen to the same song about 30 times in the same movie, you'd get tired of hearing it. This is so not the case here. You want to hear it. You want to listen for the subtle changes and how the song and the character's grow throughout the movie. Tom Hanks is amazing as usual. If you haven't seen this movie and you could use a little lift, I highly recommend you check it out!

SIS Bren says...

This month I've picked a movie about zombies and a movie about a boy with scissors for hands. I'm not really into slasher movies (I used to kind of like them, but now I get way too scared when that music starts) so this week I'll go with a movie that has great costuming!


My Pick of the Week: Amadeus (1984)

I haven't seen it for years, but when I think of costumes, it's the first movie that comes to mind. I can't imagine that this is what these people wore every day! Not to mention the masks at the masquerade ball. And Tom Hulce's laugh gets me every time.


From IMDb: Antonio Salieri believes that Mozart's music is divine. He wishes he was himself as good a musician as Mozart so that he can praise the Lord through composing. But he can't understand why God favored Mozart, such a vulgar creature, to be his instrument. Salieri's envy has made him an enemy of God whose greatness was evident in Mozart. He is set to take revenge.

9 comments:

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Barb,
I love that movie as well and I absolutely agree about the song. You NEVER get tired of it. I think my favoite scene is when Liv Tyler is running down the street with her radio when she has heard their song on the radio for the very first time. I cry every time! Great pick!

SIS Bren

BJ said...

Barb and Bren, I love both of those movies. Bren, Your right; that laugh gets me everytime I hear it.

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Bren

That's my favorite part too! I so wanted that to be me. Liv played that part superbly!

SIS Barb

Sisters-in-Sync said...

BJ,

It really is a great laugh. So infectious.

SIS Barb

Beth Ciotta said...

Okay. I'm feeling pretty lame. I haven't seen THAT THING YOU DO. From what you've all said, I just know I'd love it. Need to rent. Soon.

AMADEUS!! What can I say? Brilliant. Haven't seen it in eons. That LAUGH! Now I'm jonesing to see to again. Ah, yes. The TBV (to be viewed) list is starting to rival the TBR (to be read) stack!

SIS Beth

Sisters-in-Sync said...

So I went to Blockbuster today in hopes of finding AMADEUS. No luck. It's on Amazon but I was hoping to not have to buy it. Anyone have a copy they want to loan me?


SIS Barb

Beth Ciotta said...

Barb... join Net Flix. Oodles better than Blockbuster.

SIS Beth

Beth Ciotta said...

Another suggestion... see if you can get it through your library!

SIS Beth

Elle J Rossi said...

Great suggestions Beth. Will do.

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

Post a Comment