Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Where in the World is SIS Brandy?

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ok time to have a little fun...

My day starting with me springing out of bed at 4am. Shoot!!! I am late!! My alarm clock didn't go off. Good thing I didn't have a plane to catch! I was driving to this sale. I got ready in record time. Showered, finished throwing my stuff together, and was pulling out of the driveway at 4:27! My drive was supposed to be 10 1/2 hours. I had some making up to do.

It was a beautiful drive. Raining the whole time, but still beautiful. I went through a lot of hills and mountains on the way to my destination. The appalachians are beautiful. At one point the directions took a very winding road right up a mountain. For an hour, there was nothing but 20mph curves and steep inclines. Amazing and a little scary at the same time. At one point, I was looking down (about 500 ft) a very steep drop off into a beautiful "raging rapids" river.

The trip was mad in record time. Cut over an hour off of the mapquest time. Some of the cities I passed were Cincinnatti, Lexington, and I even went through a "Big Island."

So about the town I am in... It's state is one of the original thirteen colonies. The city sits in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. There are six colleges and universities here - pretty amazing considering the population here is only about 75000 people here. This historical town was first settled in 1757. One of it's nicknames is " The Hill City." During the civil war, it served as it's state's capital for a whopping 4 days.

Is that enough? Can you figure out where in the world I am?

13 comments:

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Brandy,

I've got it! But if I post the answer, no one else will have to work for it. So, I've decided to send you an email so that everyone else can play too. Now...What's my prize?

So glad you enjoyed the drive. That is a beautiful part of our country.

SIS Barb

SIS Brandy said...

Ok, just checked my email. Yes Barb got it right. I must have made it too easy!!!

Barb said...

Oh, you made it to easy? It couldn't be that I'm a genius????


SIS Barb

Tori Lennox said...

Ack! I feel like I should know the answer, but I'm drawing a total blank! I really miss my brain. :)

Beth Ciotta said...

First of all, you were showered, packed and ou the door in 27 minutes?! I'm impressed.

The drives sounds beautiful, but a little harrowing. Barb would love it. You should've seen her eating up the winding roads in the WY mountains!

As to where you are... I'll take a stab at it, but don't want to look like a geographically challenged idiot either. Does it start with a 'W"?

SIS Beth

SIS Brandy said...

Sorry Beth!! No W.

SIS Brandy said...

Tori,

I have 1 word for you... GOOGLE! That's what I use for a brain!

Tori Lennox said...

Brandy, I just now thought to google it! LOL!

Sisters-in-Sync said...

I stink at this. I googled and still couldn't figure it out. Barb.... how did you do it? Oh, right. You're a genius. I got jipped on that gene. Or is it gyped? Crimany. Where's my dictionary. And ATLAS?

SIS Beth

Barb said...

That's right, people! Where's my prize???

Beth, I will be your dictionary and ATLAS. This game is so mine. Everyone should just give up.

SIS Barb

SIS Brandy said...

I think they did give up... a long time ago!

Good job Barb! You were on it. I am in Lynchburg VA. It's a nice area. Don't worry, Beth. Maybe next time you'll beat her.

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Well, I got here late, so I didn't even get a chance to play...but I will say, well done Barb! Next time I'll try to get here earlier! Have a great time in Lynchburg Brandy!

SIS Bren

Olga said...

Good job, Barb, and Lynchburg sounds fascinating, Brandy!

Post a Comment