Monday, December 28, 2009

Hullabaloo

Monday, December 28, 2009



Ah, yes. The holidays are on their way out and life should hopefully get back to normal. Not that I mind a little hullabaloo every now and then, but I do like my routine. I prefer knowing my work schedule and the children's school schedules so that I may plan my writing schedule accordingly. The last month has been nothing but hullabaloo, thus, very little time for writing. I feel terrible about that and I'm more than ready to get back in the saddle.

Christmas was great. The kids were very thankful which made me beyond proud. Neither one of them said, "Is that all?"

*Big News* My husband gave me a Kindle for Christmas and I have to admit...I LOVE IT. It's so cool, so fast, so easy. The books are much less expensive to buy this way and I can store up to 1000 of them. I can also delete but WHY WOULD I EVER DO THAT? The one thing I will really miss though, is looking at all the cool covers on real books. The colors, the detail, the textures cannot be replicated. Oh well...I'm sure I'll get over that!

Skipping around a bit, but I'm dying to see the movies Avatar and Sherlock Holmes. Both look wonderful. Chances are I'll wait for the DVD's to come out but I WANT TO SEE THESE MOVIES!

Still on a mission to get a dog. I haven't won but I'm far from giving up. Maybe 2010 will be my year.

Don't you love when we ramble over here at SIS?

My Paranormal WIP is screaming at me to get moving. My heroine, Meera, is just discovering her abilities while my hero, Ghanem, is fighting to get his back. It's getting interesting folks! That's why I need to get life BACK TO NORMAL!

My Multi-Cultural Contemporary WIP has been pushed to the side for a few months but I plan to get back to it very soon. I still love those characters and their story, so it's only fair to see how it plays out. I mean, come on, if you were a character, how would you feel if someone put your story on hold? And, right at a big turning point? Exasperated I'm sure. I'm a little afraid of what they'll do to me when I check in on them.

Anyway, that's what's going on with me.

How about you? It's been awhile. Fill us in on what's going on in your life? Still got hullabaloo?

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

14 comments:

Beth Ciotta said...

Rushing to work but... YOU GOT A KINDLE??? How could you not tell me? I'm so envious! We MUST TALK!

For some reason, I'm not all that excited about seeing AVATAR. I don't know why. I saw Cameron's last film--TITANIC--at least 4 times in the theaters. On the other hnd I'm am DYING to see HOLMES! I also want to see Clooney's latest--UP IN THE AIR.

Like you I have experienced a lot of Hullabaloo, although it was really only this past week. I have been cleaning like a madwoman. My goal is to organize my house and life in 2010. BIG job.

As far as writing, I am taking this week off although I am mulling a new proposal. More on my writing life on my featured SIS day.

You got a KINDLE???

SIS Beth

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Good morning, Beth!

Yep, I got a Kindle. It really is cool. I'll tell you all about it it.

Organized? What's that? I don't think I know that word.

I watched the trailer for AVATAR last night and WHOA! It looks amazing. I may have to see it in the theatre.

I'm off to work as well and probably can't check back til late this afternoon, so Happy Monday, everyone!

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

SIS BJ said...

Hi Barb,

Mom and I are going to see AVATAR when it comes into town. I have benn waiting on this movie for a while.

You will have to tell us all about your KINDLE!!

Tori Lennox said...

I'm leaning more towards the Nook for e-reading but since I can't afford either one right now, it's kind of a moot point. :)

Not a lot going on here. I took off the last four days from writing. I've got to get back in the saddle myself today. Gotta go kill some zombies (even though my heroine, Angie, was chiding me today about my terminology since zombies are technically already dead *g*). My characters are VERY bossy and opinionated. And, no, they don't like getting shunted to the side. I have a lot of them waiting on the sidelines. Some are more vocal than others.

SIS Brandy said...

Omar and our friend Gabe have both seen Avatar. They say that it is great. In Gabe's words, it is "unbelievably amazing!" I asked what was so great and they both told me "you just gotta see it."

I am still trying to get things around the house in order. Christmas always creates a huge mess!!

Don't laugh at me but I have to ask... What the hell does hullabaloo mean?!?!? I don't know if I have it but I do have a few hulla hoops around here!

Linda Wisdom said...

Congrats on the Kindle! I'm still debating between that and the Nook.

I have a book to finish, undecorating the house which I'm sure I'll do a bit at a time, and preparing the classes I'll be teaching.

If I didn't have to cook and clean I'd be fine. :}

Linda

Elle J Rossi said...

Hi BJ,

You made me laugh. Only in small town, USA would Avatar not already be playing. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it! And mother doesn't get to the movies very often. What a treat.

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

Elle J Rossi said...

Tori,

Hurry! Get back in the saddle soon. It's so hard to get back into the swing of things when we take too much time off, as I'm sure you already know. Love that Angie is correcting you. She's right, you know. Zombies ARE dead.

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rosso

Elle J Rossi said...

Yo Brandy,

I'm getting ready to take all my decorations down too. I'm more than ready but it always makes the house look so empty.

Of course I laughed at you. Hullabaloo? Really? Google it, woman!

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

Elle J Rossi said...

Hi Linda,

You are super busy and I know just how you feel about the cooking and cleaning stuff. It's never ending! But somehow we plow through and make miracles happen that some of the opposite sex couldn't even imagine. LOL!

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

Sisters-in-Sync said...

OH MAN!

Blogger ate my comment!
In short: took the tree down and packed everything away this weekend because the tree was a fire hazard.

Need to write but am reading your wonderful chapters so must put off writing a few more days!

SIS Bren

Elle J Rossi said...

Hi Bren!

I hate when blogger does that.

WOW, you're quick at getting your stuff down.

Yes, you do need to write. I'm dying to know about those fantastical characters of yours.

Excited to hear your feedback!

SIS Barb aka Elle J Rossi

SIS Brandy said...

Barb,

You couldn't make it easy on me? I guess I'll google! Thanks for the help!!!

Elle J Rossi said...

Riiigght Brandy,

How much fun would easy be?

Let me know when you've got the answer!

Post a Comment