Saturday, December 12, 2009

Pop Culture -- SIS Style

Saturday, December 12, 2009


Welcome to Café Chaos. Grab a cup of coffee or tea (we prefer coffee) and join us for a chat. Every Saturday we celebrate Pop Culture. Movies, TV, books, music, games, trends in style... you get picture. Feel free to comment on our picks or to throw in a few of your own. We’re listening!

SIS BJ says:
The other day my daughter Monster picked up a Christmas book that she wanted me to read to her. It was The 12 Days of Christmas. I decided instead of just reading it to her i would sing it. The smile on her face was worth it. When I got to the 5 Golden rings part, I tried my hardest to sound like Miss Piggy. She got a laugh out of that and even joined in every time I got to that part. I ended up reading(singing) that book three times that night.

My Song Pick of the Week: The 12 Days of Christmas (Muppets Version)


SIS Beth says:
Severe time crunch folks. A short and sweet rec. A seasonal must see! (inspired by BJ)

My Movie Pick of the Week: The Muppet's Christmas Carol


SIS Barb says:
My pick this week happens to be one of my favorite movies of all times. I've seen it a number of times but recently realized it's actually been several years since I last had the pleasure of getting lost in this wonderful film. I tried to rent it at Blockbuster but no luck. They no longer carry it. So, I've put it on my Christmas Wish List this year in hopes that it'll be under the tree waiting for me.

One of my lovely sisters may have recommended this in the past and if so, I'm okay with that. This definitely is a recommendation I don't mind repeating.

My Movie Pick of the Week: Amadeus (1984)
In my opinion, this is truly one of the best musical dramas of all time. The movies tag line says it all: The Man...The Music...The Madness...The Murder...The Motion Picture...Everything You've Heard Is True



6 comments:

Linda Wisdom said...

I love the Muppet Christmas Carol! I've got the DVD and I should check iTunes to see if they have the soundtrack.

I haven't seen Amadeus in some time but what I remember is the music and richness of the film.

Linda

Elle J Rossi said...

Hi all and happy Saturday.

It doesn't matter who is singing The 12 Days of Christmas, I always hear Miss Piggy singing, "FIVE GOLDEN RIIIIINNNGSSS!" She has such a memorable voice.

Elle

Tori Lennox said...

I love all the old standards, but I also love all the parodies of the old standards. And for reasons unknown, Bob & Doug Mackenzie's rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas always sends me into hysterical giggles.

Linda Wisdom said...

There's also 12 Redneck Days of Christmas.

Linda

Beth Ciotta said...

BJ, it warms my heart to know you channeled Miss Piggy! Bah-dah-bah-bah!

Barb, like Linda, I haven't seen Amadeus in eons. But I remember it to be brilliant. Definitely worth another viweing!

Linda, I own the Muppet Christmas Carol, too! I think I've seen every version. The 1930-something version starring Alistair Simms being my fave, but MCC ranks right up there!

Tori... Can't say I've heard that rendition of 12 Days of Christmas, but since I could really use a laugh, I'm thinking I should look it up!

SIS Beth

Elle J Rossi said...

Linda,

I really need to hear the 12 Redneck Days of Christmas. My husband always tells me how "country" I am. Little does he know, I take that as a huge compliment.

Tori,

I'm looking that one up too!

Post a Comment