Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Being Pampered

Tuesday, April 20, 2010



First of all, how did I miss yesterday's blog?!? I always miss the good stuff. I have one thing to say... Sex scenes? LOVE THEM!!!

Something else I love is being pampered. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen very often. I had the chance to get a little of it last Friday, and it was wonderful!!

For my birthday (in Feb) Omar and the girls got me a gift card to a spa. It was due time that I used it! I was in major need of some pampering!!

I had all kinds of things done. I started off with a body wrap. Some sort of herbal stuff that is supposed to help tighten your skin. I think it worked but maybe it's just in my head. At least it was relaxing though. Then I got my eyebrows waxed. They were getting pretty scary!

After that, I got my hair cut. I was a little worried about this part because I had no clue how good the lady would do on my hair. I have lots of it, and it seems like some stylist don't know what to do with it. She did awesome. Everything I asked her to do she did perfectly!!

The day was finished with a pedicure. It feels so good to have one done. I don't know how people that are ticklish get through it though. The chairs you sit in are heaven! I need one for at home.

I left the salon happy and relaxed. I feel like a new person. We need to try to find ways to do things like this for ourselves more often. A lot of the time we get to busy pampering everyone else. We forget about ourselves.

Have you been pampered lately? What do you do to pamper yourself?

SIS Brandy

6 comments:

Chris Behrens said...

Pampered? What's that? =o)

SIS BJ said...

Hi Brandy

What Chris said sounds about right. Happy you had a great time. You deserve it.

Mary Stella said...

I get a manicure every week and a pedicure every four weeks. To my mind, these do not count as pampering, but are real necessities. Hey, we wear sandals year-round. Our feet need to look as good as possible!

When I want to pamper myself, I schedule a facial. I had one last Saturday as a matter of fact. I love the relaxation, the soft music, candles, and lovely scents of the products. I love how good my skin feels when the esthetician is finished. (The microdermal peel stings like a mother, but it's worth it.) The esthetician I go to also does a complete reflexology massage of my hands and feet.

Ohhh. Bliss.

Tori Lennox said...

I would love to have a pedicure but I have the world's most ticklish feet and I'm not sure I could cope with it. LOL!

I need to get back in the swing of monthly massages. I used to do that a long time ago then I moved and the chore of finding somebody knew sort of defeated me.

Alyson Reuben said...

Sounds very relaxing, Brandy! Especially the body wrap! I'd love to try one.

I give myself manicures all the time. I'm always doing my nails in some new color/design. Not sure if it counts as pampering, though, because it's really more like a hobby.

About special pampering, you'll probably laugh when I tell you that me and my hubby Greg gave each other pedicures a couple of weeks ago. I gave him one first, so he'd know how to do mine. I sloughed and massaged his feet and shaped his toenails, minus the polish, although I DID try my best to convince him to agree to red toenails. I told him no one would know about it unless he kicked off his shoes! Polish, he said, was definitely off-limits. But, hey, I figure at least he agreed to the rest. And the pedicure he gave me in return was pure heaven. Ticklish, yeah, but relaxing at the same time.

Beth Ciotta said...

Thanks to a gift certificates, I've had a couple of full body massages--so relaxing--but never a body wrap. Sounds intriguing!

I love getting my nails done, but rarely make the time. I've only had a very few pedicures. Love the way my toes look after, but the tickling part drives me nuts.

I guess the way I pamper myself is by having my hair professionally colored and cut every 4-5 weeks. Considering the cost, that's pampering. *g*

SIS Beth

Post a Comment