Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cafe Chaos--Music

Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Welcome to Café Chaos. Grab a cup of coffee or tea (we prefer coffee) and join us for a chat. Every Tuesday we’ll offer recommendations for music lovers. Feel free to comment on our picks or to throw in a few of your own. We’re listening!

SIS Barb says...

I was so excited about yesterday's topic, I almost forgot to post for today! But here I am and I've decided to pick a group this week. A group that I believe is on their last tour together. Their chemistry on stage is fantastic. They both look so alive and so happy to be doing what they're doing and their talent...incredible.

My Pick of the Week: Sugarland

Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush make a great combination. I could be starting rumors here but I believe Kristian will be leaving the group to spend time with his family. He will be sorely missed but I have no doubt Jennifer will be a huge success on her own.

Favorite Songs: Sugarland, Something More, Already Gone


SIS Bren says...

Some artists just have that sort of voice that is unmistakable. You hear it, and you know exactly who it is. Those are the sort of singers that I truly appreciate. They have their own unique sound that sets them apart from all the other humdrum artists you hear on the airwaves every day.

My Pick of the Week: Anita Baker

Her voice is like velvet, her songs are truly romantic. Sometimes it's hard to believe that that voice can come out of such a small lady. I love every song that I've ever heard from her!

Favorite songs: Sweet Love, Rapture, Perfect Love Affair





SIS Beth says…
I'm a sucker for movie soundtracks. Love them.

Love. Them

My pick of the week: Practical Magic

This soundtrack is an enigmatic collection of songs by artists such as Harry Nilsson, Elvis Presely, Stevie Nicks, Joni Mitchell,and Marvin Gaye... too name a few. A steller line up for an awesome movie.

My Favorite Song: Coconuts by Harry Nilsson
*Runner up: Practical Magic by Alan Silvestri--magical!

0 comments:

Post a Comment