Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cafe Chaos -- Movies and TV

Saturday, September 12, 2009





Welcome to Café Chaos. Grab a cup of coffee or tea (we prefer coffee) and join us for a chat. Every Saturday we’ll offer recommendations for movie lovers. Feel free to comment on our picks or to throw in a few of your own. We’re listening!



SIS Brandy says...

As most of you know, my sisters are weepers. Me, I'm usually not so bad. I will have to admit though, I bawled uncontrollably during certain parts of this movie - even having to hit pause to compose myself! Though heart wrenching at times, in the end I was left with a good warm feeling.The combination of the storyline and an amazing cast makes this one of favorite movies. Grab a box of tissues and be prepared to hit pause.


My Pick of the Week : P.S. I Love You


At a fairly young age, Holly (Hillary Swank) loses her husband Gerry to a brain tumor. She of course is having a great deal of trouble moving on. On her 30th birthday, Holly receives a letter from her late husband. It is the first of many that he has written to help her through the healing process. Each letter ends with P.S. I Love You.


Cast: Hillary Swank, Gerard Butler, Lisa Kudrow, Kathy Bates, Harry Connick Jr



SIS B.J. says...

This week I am going to pick a show out of the new fall line up. It is a new series based on the novel Witches of Eastwick by John Updike and the movie staring Jack Nicholson, Cher, Susan Sarandon and Michelle Pfeiffer. It is about three witchy women who make a wish and a devilish man rides into town to grant them.

The name of the show is Eastwick; premiering September 23 on ABC. I'm not sure how they are going to make a series based on a book and movie stay interesting for very long. I will keep my fingers crossed that I like this show as well as I did the movie.

My pick of the week: Eastwick



SIS Bren says...

My book rec this week got me thinking about the movie Presumed Innocent and then Harrison Ford. I've enjoyed him in many movies. Of course I love all of the Indiana Jones movies, but my book rec has my mind thinking mystery!


My Pick of the Week: What Lies Beneath

From IMDb: The wife of a university research scientist believes that her lakeside Vermont home is haunted by a ghost -- or that she's losing her mind.


If you are ready to jump in your seat a little and pull the covers up over your eyes, this is the movie for you. It's not the scariest movie I've ever seen, but there are parts, (you know, when the creepy music starts) that got my heart racing. It's a great suspense movie all around!


Cast: Harrison Ford, Michelle Pfeiffer




10 comments:

Brandy said...

B.J.

It's funny you picked this one. My good friend, Donna, and I were talking last night about how cool it would be to be witches. It would be great to have special powers.
Eastwick sounds pretty good. I have always liked shows about witches. Do you remember Charmed? I loved that one!
Great witchy pick for the autumn season!!!!

Brandy said...

Bren,

What Lies Beneath is a terrific movie. It's been a long time since I've seen it, so I googled it to refresh my memory.
I love storylines that keep you on the edge of your seat - wandering what might happen next!

Michael Miller said...

Aunt Brany,
I really like your pick. I watched it with a bunch of friends and we all really liked it. I think I could watch that movie over and over again.

MIchael Miller said...

I meant Aunt Brandy not Aunt Brany lol

Brandy said...

Michael,

Did you cry as much as I did? I was so puffy by the end of the show!!

Brandy said...

Michael,

When you coming over to see me? You know, there isn't a rule that you can only come when other aunts are here!!

Love Aunt Brany, Brainy, Brandy ( whatever ya want to call me!)

Michael Miller said...

What are you doing next Thrus. I get out of class at 5 and don't have work til 4 on Friday. So if you don't mind I can come up then if your not busy. I didn't cry during the movie but I about did.

Olga said...

I've never seen the other two, but I thought P.S. I Love You was a pretty good movie (though it didn't make me cry).

B.J. said...

Brandy, i have't seen that movie, but it sounds like a good one.

And yes I remeber Charmed. I still watch reruns from time to time.

B.J. said...

Brenda, I love Harrison Ford. I have watched What Lies Beneath. I loved how it kept you guessing the whole time.

Post a Comment