Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Things I'd Like To See

Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Every morning, I wake up and turn on The Weather Channel and Headline News.  It's my only way besides Yahoo News of knowing what's going on in the world. 

This morning on The Weather Channel, they've been talking about The Northern Lights, aka Aurora Borealis.  What a magnificent sight, and one I'd love to see sometime in my life.  I've always wanted to take an Alaskan cruise, so hopefully I'll get to see them WHEN I take my cruise.

There are a few things in the world that I would LOVE to see.  I hope to some day be able to have the chance to experience some of these.

Here's my short list:

1.  Italy (any or all of it)
2.  The Grand Canyon
3.  The Great Pyramid (and other Egyptian wonders)
4.  Niagra Falls
5.  The big giant statue of Jesus on the mountain top in Brazil  (I know it has a name, I just can't think of it)
6.  Jamaica
7.  Hawaii
8.  The Great Wall of China
9.  The inside of Buckingham Palace
10. Graceland

What's on your list?  I'm sure I've left out many exciting things!

SIS Bren

5 comments:

Mary Stella said...

Like you, I want to see Alaska. A friend and I are planning a cruise for next year.

I'd also like to visit Tahiti, Hawaii, Spain, Scotland-Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Places to see, hmmm.

1. I loved to go back to Scotland during The Highland Games. Be interesting and fun to see it against the backdrop of it's origins.

2. Down to Florida to the crystal clear waters where you can see the bottom 20 feet down and it's like glass. Yup, I'd love to swim in the waters too. Take Jake and go where people can swim with the dolphins. Go scuba diving near the reefs.

3. Since Jake hasn't seen as much of the states as I have, I'd love to take him to the redwood forests of the pacific northwest. To see the Grand Canyon, take him north to stand on the bluffs overlooking the Snake river, go see the Great Lakes, take him on a ride on a dogsled and see the mighty glaciers. Sit outside and watch the sparkling colors and eerie greens of the Northern Lights.

Every time you introduce someone to something you've seen before, the wonder makes the experience brand new. There is so many places in the States that have wonders to behold.

For me? I'd love a month to wander through Ireland and Scotland.

Tori Lennox said...

I've been to Graceland. I was somewhat underwhelmed. *g*

Places/things I'd love to see:

1. The Pyramids & Sphinx
2. All of the United Kingdom
3. Machu Picchu
4. the Masai Mara in Kenya
5. Petra
6. Venice, Italy
7. Crete
8. Biltmore House in North Carolina
9. New England
10. Hawaii

Krys said...

Brenda,

I have so many, but I'll try and make a short list. Here goes:

1)New Zealand - The TV show "Xena:Warrior Princess" was filmed there and I fell in love with the scenery.

2)England/Ireland/Scotland - Beautiful scenery and history and would give me a chance to explore my family roots.

3)Vermont/New England in the fall - Small town charm and leaves turning colors, what could be better?

4)Alaska - I too want to see the Northern Lights and the glaciers and wildlife before they're gone for good.

5)Egypt - Pyramids and the Sphinx, definitely.

mary mckinney said...

I would like to see Australia, Ireland, Hawaii, Niagra Falls, Grand Canyon, France,LA and the hollywood walk of fame. and more than anything I'd like to see our brother live a long healthy life!!!!

Post a Comment