Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The High School

Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Today is this first day of school.  I just got back from dropping off my two oldest girls.  One was very excited.  She's now in 5th grade and loves her teacher.  The other is now a freshman. (makes me feel way old!!!)  She was pretty nervous.  She is worried about getting lost and not liking being the youngest.  I assured her that everything would be fine and that she'll be loving it by the end of the week.

So, we pull up to the school.  Some girls that she knows from guard come walking up.  My girl jumps out of the car to walk in with her friends.  All signs of nervousness are gone.  She struts into the school looking totally cool and beautiful. 

I look around me for a few moments.  I am in a different world now!  These kids don't look anything like the ones last year at the middle school!!  Now mamma's nervous.

I watch a tall gorgeous blond glide in.  She had on a short tight skirt, a sexy little button up blouse, and great heels.  Whoa!  When did girls start to look like this?!?  We didn't look anything like that when I was growing up.  I feel sorry for men.  You think your checking out a 23 year old and then... surprise she's 15! 

Then this man walks by.  Well, I say man but I'm sure he was probably 16.  My ten year old shouts from the back seat " Wow mom! That kid has a beard!"  Yep - a full blown one. 

Next comes many others.  A few really handsome boys, some more too mature-looking girls.  Yeah now I am totally nervous.  Are these boys going to want to date my girl?  Is she going to start to look like these other girls?  I can see my hair turning gray as I type this!!!

Any thoughts?


SIS BRANDY

5 comments:

Tori Lennox said...

I'm glad I don't have kids!

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Yikes.

(I think about covers it)

Although I will say, I think 'S' has a good head on her shoulders. She also has a definite style with her clothes. Trendy and cute. I don't think you have to worry about her dressing slutty. But you still might to worry about the boys. She takes after her mama. She's a looker!

SIS Beth

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Thanks Beth!

She had a good day. I know she's good just gotta still be on the lookout!!

SIS Brandy

Elle J Rossi said...

I'm sure our moms thought that about all the kids we went to school with. But that doesn't make it any easier. I say be diligent and pry, pry, pry.

SIS Barb

Sisters-in-Sync said...

Be afraid! Be VERY afraid!

SIS Bren

Post a Comment