Saturday, February 20, 2010

Pop Culture -- SIS Style

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Welcome to Café Chaos. Grab a cup of coffee or tea (we prefer coffee) and join us for a chat. Every Saturday we celebrate Pop Culture. Movies, TV, books, music, games, trends in style... you get picture. Feel free to comment on our picks or to throw in a few of your own. We’re listening!

SIS BJ Says:
My recommendation for this week is very simple. The Sounds of Nature. Step outside and listen to the birds sing, the wind blowing through trees, waves crashing onto the shell covered beach and water running smoothly through a stream. Enjoy!

My "Music" Pick of the Week: The Sounds of Nature

SIS Beth Says:
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to see a film based on a children's book by Ronald Dahl. I admit, I was tempted because George Clooney played the lead. I love Clooney. The man is funny, charming, and sexy... even as a stop-animation fox.

From IMDB: It is the story of one Mr. Fox and his wild-ways of hen heckling, turkey taking and cider sipping, nocturnal, instinctive adventures. He has to put his wild days behind him and do what fathers do best: be responsible. He is too rebellious. He is too wild. He is going to try "just one more raid" on the three nastiest, meanest farmers that are Boggis, Bunce and Bean. It is a tale of crossing the line of family responsibilities and midnight adventure and the friendships and awakenings of this country life that is inhabited by Fantastic Mr. Fox and his friends.

I adored this movie. Perfect for kids and adults. Touching and funny--an overall delight!

My "Movie" Pick of The Week: Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

1 comments:

Beth Ciotta said...

Hark! What's that I hear? Oh. Crickets.

:) SIS Beth

Post a Comment